Is it normal to have a large bumpy mole near the rectum that's increasing in size and bleeds occasionally ?

Hi, I am 58 years old, overweight , but active. I have no significant medical history. I have a very large, flat, brown, bumpy mole near my rectum . It occassionally bleeds , and is beginning to cross the midline. It started on the left side, but seems to be getting larger especially over the last year or so. I am so embarrassed and feel like I need to have a doctor look at it. Is this common?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012