Is it normal to have a brown spotting and then a heavy discharge after using oral contraceptive ?

It is truly annoying that.. Please help. I noticed I had spotting of brown discharge for like a week I use an oral contraceptive- Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo to be exact, and for some reason starting this month s cycle, I noticed I had spotting of brown discharge for like a week, to the point where it started to get heavy. I ve been using tampons all month but I was wondering why I have this heavy of a flow when I shouldn t be due for my period for another 5 days. I ve been on the pill for two years now so my cycle is regular. During this time I ve also gotten my annual pelvic exam by my doctors at planned parent hood and they said everything looked normal. This isn t the first time I ve had my period for like a month straight before.. Is this normal?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011