Is it normal to have 100/140 BP after valve operation ?

i valve operated before 2 years, now my blood presure is 100-140 it is ok or not
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
  Anonymous's Response
It is a very vague question. You blood pressure should have two readings, Higher one is Systolic and lower one is diastolic. how much is your blood pressure and what medicine you take for Blood pressure? what kind of surgery it is?
Pediatrician Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee's  Response
Blood pressure 140/90 is mild stage 1 hypertention. Your Blood pressure is 140/100 which in inthe range almost stage 1. As you got problem with heart valves I think you should ask your doctor for medication. Usually a mild diuretic bendoflurazide 2.5 mgm daily will be adequate. Along with it you should stop smoking, reduce weight and take low salt and avoid ghee butter etc.
U R blood pressure is higher side ,for which u get operated?u r blood pressure is above d normal renge.u must consult u r nearest Physicion & go for ECG chek up of u r heart.u r taking any antihypertensive medicine?if taking then also consult u r Physicion.