Is it normal to get early periods while trying to conceive ?

My periods are usually very regular. This month my period started 4 days early. My fiance and I have been trying to conceive and I have been keeping track of ovulation on an ovulation calender. My period was on January 23 and wasn t supposed to start until February 20 ( I have a 28 day cycle) On February 16 the calender said I could have some implantation bleeding , which that is the day I started cramping really bad and had some light bleeding. The next day the bleeding got heavier and was like a normal period and lasted 4-5 days. I took a HPT and it showed negative, so i don t know if it was too early or what s going on. I don t use any type of contraception .
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011