Is it normal to get chest tightness while suffering from xdr TB ?

Hi, my brothers been suffering from xdr tb for probably 2 years now, d doctors say about 60% of his lungs are damaged...he constantly complains about tightness in his chest , and a feeling of been suffocating. I understand treatment at this stage is a very slow process, but for how long is he going to keep feeling this way? It causes him great discomfort. Does higher altitudes have anything to do with his quick recovery and the suffocating feeling? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011