Is it normal to cry before passing stool and urine for a newborn ?

Hello Doctor , My Baby is 22 days Old, for the past 2 weeks of time he is crying before passing stool and urine and not while passing , consulted Pediatrician and adviced to give Colimex drops 3 times a day, seems better for 2 days but again started crying today before passing stool and urine , , rightnow i am taking only vegeterian food as doc Adviced ,kindly suggest me is it normal for newborn or do i need to go for any other diet contrl ?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Nov 2011