Is it normal to bleed during the first sexual intercourse ?

had sex and she got bleeding , its not her periods Hi, I m a 22yrs old guy. Me and my girlfriend had sex today, actually i even touched her vagina. And all of a sudden she got bleeding , its not her periods. I wanted to know why that happened? and what must be done now? Its the first time we had sex, is it for that? Or any other reason.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCm.
If it was first time than chances of rupture of hymen are there which usually rup
turs on first or second inter course,or some trauma due to vigorous sex. Thanks
nothing is to be done if pain take pain killer.Bleeding will stop on its.Thanks