Is it normal for your heart to feel like it skips ?

is it normal for your heart to feel like it skips a beat and then feels like it pounds once it starts again?
just wondering, both my dad and I have had that happen, is it normal? We both work out a lot lol yea, and also, I have never done drugs, and I suggest you don't either. I usually have a soda or two during the day, and about every 2 weeks I have the occasional energy drink which I should probably lay off... so not too much caffeine thanks for the answers
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
It's not a normal thing to have, but it's not exactly dangerous.. me and my dad also have this problem, and my dad is on medication for it because it can amplify stress. You can also get an operation to have this problem removed, but beware, drugs and caffeine can make it temporarily worse, even sometimes permanently worse, so just make sure that your caffeine intake is low and that might help too.