Is it normal for the heart to skip its beat and to have a heavy chest after grand mal seizure ?

i had a grand mal seizure this morning and was taken to the hospital. there they did an ekg and blood work which all turned out fine. i just woke up about 3 hours ago... since then it feels like my heart skips a beat and the top part of my chest feels heavy and ive been freakin out about it. is that normal?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Sep 2011
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, headach, chest pain, n other symptoms you feel are post effect of seizure. it can subside within 24 hrs. so do not worry. you should rule out cause of seizure by getting EEG, CT head or MRI. rule out brain TB also, then start proper treatment.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
If your ekg is normal does not mean your heart is normal. Some times arhythmias
are intermitant and can be missed in single ekg For this you have to submit for Holter
recording which wiill record heart beat pattern of 24hrs and will help to detect any
rhythm disorder occuring. And you should also submit for echo of heart and EEg as well.