Is it normal for pressures to be changing frequently ?

Hi there. I am a 50 year old female. I have always had good blood pressure . Then just this past Friday(2 days ago) I took my pressure on a home monitoring maching and found it to be higher (141/100). I went immediately to my doctor who took it and it was confirmed at 132/100. He prescribed a mild medication(only 2.5 mg) and when I went home I took my pressure it was back to normal. Throughout that day and all of Saturday I took my pressure and it was completely in normal ranges. Now on Sunday I took it and it is back to the higher ranges at 123/93. Is it normal for pressures to be changing like this and is it normal for pressures to be different from a sitting position to a laying down position? Also, please be aware that I did not start my medication yet becuase of the two days of normal readings.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Welcome to health care magic
     Blood pressure variations do occur in the same person from time to time .single high reading of BP is of no significance.BP readings also vary from one position to other like sitting ,lying down or standing
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”