Is it normal for a 14 year old to have suicidal thoughts ?

Are suicidal thoughts normal for 14 year old girls to have?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Psychiatrist, Child 's  Response
Suicidal thought in general are not normal part of healthy life.
If it comes, we need to check for cause and other associated symptoms.
Mostly it is a part of psychological or emotional disturbances.
Best is discuss this feeling with close family members and immidiately consult psychiatrist and
No, they are not normal, but are common at any age. I would talk to someone if you are having these thoughts. Is there family or friends available to talk to? If not there are hotlines you could call to just talk. They are anonymous.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
To have suicidal thoughts are not normal and it should be taken seriously as during any moment if one takes step of suicide it is very dangerous.
At this age due to hormonal changes one become sensitive and take some dangerous steps without thinking consequences in life.
So it is advisable to consult psychiatrist for treatment.
ok and bye.