Is it necessary to wear contact lenses for keratoconus patient with C3R ?

Dear Doc, I am a keratoconus patient with C3R done on my left eye.I have given LENSES to wear and the vision is very good with it.But,I am not comfortable wearing it,it irritates me a lot and I cant wear them for long hours,on scooter bike without sunglasses or ordinary glass.I am wearing them from past 20-25 days & dont feel like wearing it,I only wear coz of the fact of my vision problem. I want to ask will this persists life long and what if I some times wear spectacles and sometimes CL. Also what chances are there that my children may not be affected to it.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Nov 2011