Is it legal to place a magnet over a defibrillator to cause it to malfunction in order to cause death?

Is it legal to place a magnet over a defibrillator to cause it to malfunction in order to cause death??
This was done to my father and i am trying to find out if in fact it was legal. It was not that i know of, ordered by a physician. It did in fact cause my fathers death. This was done by my sister, she is an RN. She, along with another nurse working at the time are the ones that placed it over the defibrillator. It was not done to save him, and was done without the orders of a physician. I just want to know if I have any legal recourse as my father had a strong will to live and would have never agreed to this.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009