Is it harmful to wash one's hair during menstruation?

s having a head bath during first 3 days of period harmful? My friend has told me that due to head bath during those days causes swelling in your uretus and cause of that you will have many problems during pregnancy! I have even got few msgs like many ladies have died due to it! Can this be true or it is just some rumors?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Hi ... Thanks for your query.
The question raised by you is something asked by many. There are several myths that are prevalent in the society.. But these are completely false and have no relation whatsoever to the health of a person. It is definitely very safe to do everything like washing your head during mensturation. In fact , cleaning oneself during mensturation well is one of the healthiest practises that everyone should imbibe.
Take care!