Is it harmful to drink tea during pregnancy ?

Hi I am 15th week Pregnant . Can I have Tea in Morning (1 Cup) and Evening (1 Cup)?? Is it harm My pregnancy?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There is no problem in drinking tea during pregnancy. But make sure to not take tea along with iron tablets as it can reduce absorption from stomach. Take the iron tablets preferrably at night time after Dinner rather in the morning. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables to prevent constipation and drink plenty of water. Have a safe and beautiful pregnancy.
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Drinking tea is not going to cause any harm during pregnancy.
Since two cups is not much you can have with out hesitation.
Drinking tea in moderate amount is good for health since it provides anti oxidants which gives protection from cancers and is also good for heart.

Hope I have answered your query.