Is it good to discontinue metpure after reduced blood pressure as I am having mild palpitation after that and has a history of breathing disorders and cough ?

I (Age 35 Male) have been using BP medicines (Olmysartan 40 / Metpure XL 25/ Modlip AM 10|5) for high blood pressure and hypertension control for couple of years. BP used to range between 150/100. I have joined a health regime for couple of months now and my BP has significantly lowered sometimes in the range of 110/70-65. I was advised by my GP to discontinue metpure XL. Today is my day 2 of the discontinuation. Only symptoms I can see adverse are mild palpitations and rest all is good including BP. Is the move to discontinue Metpure good or do you have a different opinion? I have a history of breathing disorders and cough since childhood as well.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012