Is it effect-able to take anti-rabbies injection after 7 days of dog bite ?

Dear Doctor Sir/Madam, !!! MOST URGENT \Dear Doctor Sir/Madam, !!! MOST URGENT Last monday night around 11 pm when i was driving my bike 3 street healthy dogs has follwed me to attack, but when I stopped my bike, my bike got skidded I fell down. one dog among them was tried to bite me, I had weared the pent, when I had observed the spot found no blood but some itchness for 5 minutes. But at that time I got confused that it was, because of my fell down or the biting of dog. I had forgetten by thinking it may be a scratch because of my fell down. I had discussed after 4 days because i was on an official tour when in my family, my family told I should have taken the injection of anti-rabbies for that. But today, is the almost 7th day. Please suggest, can I start the vaccination course of injection of anti-rabbies !
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011