Is it dangerous to take Microgyon for the 4th consecutive month ?

Hi there, I m on the Microgynon 30 contraceptive pill and have already taken 2 (or 3 - I can t remember) packets of the pill with no breaks. I am going on holiday tomorrow and would like to go onto a 3rd (or 4th) packet. Would it be dangerous/less effective to do so? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
welcome to hcm
u need to continue the prescribed dose as adviced as any changes will make it ineffective..consume the pill and u ll have no problems in doing so..take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Yes you can continue it,this tablet is to be taken for 21 days and then a break for 7 days and a new pack there after .You can continue this and do not worry about side effects.Take it regularly without missing it at bed time,you need to take break from pills and use some other contraception after taking it for 3 years.Do not worry,in between just keep a watch in your blood pressure and weight.
wishing you good health.