Is it dangerous to operate Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy while on insulin ?

Todays my father operation, he has stone in kidney , surgery which to be done is Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy so i wann know is there any kind of risk or danger in this sugery or its common and how much time it will take and one other thing is that he has sugar since 4 or five years and he has never taken insulin but yesterday when sugar report came sugar was 156 so why doctors are giving insulin before surgery when i talked to them they said it is to be given whether sugar is at normal and after surgery it will be continue for 3 i wann know that insulin can be dangerous or it will den become habbit to give insulin regularly after surgery.....reply soon
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011