Is it common to have paranoia and hallucinations after waking up from surgery when Propofol was used as anesthetic ?

Is it common to have paranoia and hullucinations after waking up from surgery when propofol was used as the anesthetic? I don t remember recovery room or being taken to hospital room and then when I woke up it was horrible. Worse experience of my life. I had some sort of temporary phychosis. Heard things not said and saw things that were not there, They had security in my room and I couldn t calm down at all til everyone left room. They had to call my husband back after he had been there all day for my surgery. IT LASTED UNTIL AFTER I GOT HOME.....MORNING TIL NIGHT. THEN I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GO TO SLEEP AND IT WAS GONE IN THE MORNING. SCARED TO HECK OUT OF ME, MY HUSBAND AND KIDS!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013