Is it common to have mouth ulcer every month ?

I m a 31-year old male. I don t smoke or drink & am a vegetarian. I get mouth ulcers every month or so. Is it common?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Aug 2011
welcome to HCM forum,
If you have recurrent ulceration then it is not common. This is called recurrent stomatitis.
there are many causes. Treatment should be according to cause. First change your dietary habit, take food regularly, avoid spicy and hot food. Mostly this complain is due to constipation or gas trouble. If you have, then take high fiber diet, plenty of liquids.
It maybe due to vitamin deficiency so to correct it.
take care.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Fatima Clinic's  Response
Recurrent mouth ulcers may be due to improper oral hygiene,fungal infection,bacterial infections etc.
Drink plenty of water,eat fruits,green leafy vegetables,brush your teeth twice a day at least,change your brush every three months,use soft brush,avoid spicy and acidic foods,take vitamin B.
Wish you good health
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query
Mouth ulcer are quite common in vegetarian also .Make your meals full of proteins ,fresh fruits & vegetables .Pulses also help in reducing incidence of aphthous ulcer (mouth ulcer) Improve the immunity & fight the ulcer.
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.