Is it because of intake of birth control pill that my 13 year old daughter is suffering from abdominal pain ?

My 13 year daughter started her period last year and it has been irregular, so we decided to get her on birth control . She has been on the Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo in generic for about 2 months now. Since then, she has complained of abdominal pain almost every other day. The pain doesn t last all day, but sometime during the day. Could the birth control be causing her discomfort? She doesn t complain of any other symptoms. She says when her stomach hurts, it is really bad. She has to lay down and the pain can last for an hour or two. Thanks....
Asked On : Sun, 13 Feb 2011