Is it because of fibroid I am experiencing irregular and long menstural period ?

Hi doctor , I am 32 years old.I have fibroid which is 5.5cms in size. My doctor said need not remove the fibroid now. But last year .in one month my menstural period was less. That lasted for 15 days but just stains on first day then two days nothing then again light on third day then for four days nothing -not even stains. Doctor said your uterine is empty, so it is like that. Next month onwards periods were regular. Now after 11 months my menstural period is not stopping for last 19 days. It was very light in the first 14 days now slight more with blood clots as well.Slight pain in abdomen too. What may be the reason? Is it serious? Is it due to fibroid, cancer or menopause? -Sandhya
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011