Is it bad if you can feel your heart beating in your throat ?

Is it bad if you can feel your heart beating in your throat? I mowed the grass today and it was reeeeeally hot, the hottest it s been all year. The grass also hasnt been mowed in 2 weeks so it was really long and the lawn mower was hard to push. By time I got to doing the backyard I was dieing. I got so tired and then my heart started beating really hard and I could feel it beating in my throat so I got scared and took a good break. Is it bad if it does that? Or does that just happen when you exersize alot?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
You're feeling your blood pulse through your carotid artery (the big one in your neck). It's normal for someone to feel their heartbeat in such a large artery when their pulse is high, especially if they're dehydrated.