Is it advised to wear inner garments while asleep ?

My son is 18 years old. He has habit of wearing undies all the time. Even while sleeping. I have heard that it s better to have penis airy during night. So I asked my hubby to tell him. But he doesn t listen, saying he feels better with undies on. Also on most days his undies have so much dried semen. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
hi welcome to Health Care Magic,
probably that is the reason he wears undies as he has wet dreams all days. there is nothing wrong in that. just make sure you clean his underwear properly every day. as long as he is wearing clean ones, there is nothing wrong in that. tkcr
Your son is at the oncet of the peak of youth....he would be having some nightfalls that is natural during this age. Semen has to come out anyway when it is full in the tank!! so do not worry abt it. Wearing underwear during night has nothing to do with his penile functions. Most of the male sleep with underwears......Let him do in whatever way he is comfortable. Relax.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healyhcaremagic
at this age that is at the door step of adulthood your son is normally growing and has emission of semen in sleep and it is quite normal to have semen in under garments
and may be that's the reason he wants to be in undies to prevent rhe pants to be soiled and seen
nothing to worry about it