Is it advised to use mirena coil in heavy bleeding and PCOS ?

my gyn wants me to have the mirena coil inserted for heavy periods and increased risk of endrometrial cancer due to pcos and weight issues. i suffer with my weight have pcos and non pcos ovarian cysts , depression , acne and pain during intercourse severe pmt. Also had a bad reaction to the oral pill when i was 16. Near had to be sedated as went physco. would any1 recommend i try the mirena or another option to treat heavy bleeding if so what. seeing gyn on tuesday 22nd march 2011 so a reply would be appreciated thanks
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011