Is it advisable to take Septoplasty to treat nasal congestion and ear problems ?

Deviated Septum and swelling of the lining of the nose and Eustachian Tubes ? Since I was about 9 years old, I ve been suffering from some form of nasal congestion , and over the last 2 years I ve been having problems with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, particularly on the side where the Septum is deviated. Have been to see an ENT specialist who performed a nasal endoscopy procedure and confirmed that the septum was twisted and needed straightened. Would a Septoplasty help with my nasal congestion and ear trouble ?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012