Is it advisable to take Betnesol injection during pregnancy ?

I m currntly 30 weeks pregnant with single fetus.My BP, GCT,Thyriod levela are normal, 24th week scan reports are normal. I had 10 cm fibroid removed by mymoectomy and striched in 2 layers using hemastatis, which was located in the anterior wall of the fundus. The cavity was not entered during mymoectomy. My doctor has advised for Betnesol injection 12mg - 2 doses. I came to know its a steroid and would inflate baby s lungs, and will increase my blood sugar level. Is it advisable to take this injection now?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Dec 2010