Is it advisable to have permanent filling after root canal during pregnancy ?

Is it better to wait to have permanat filling after root canal treatment till the preganancy is over? I m 23 weeks pregenant! I just had my root canal treatment done a week ago.
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Hi fiona,

if your doctor is sure about the treatment given, he should give you the permanent filling only.
temporary filling as the name suggest is only for short time.
if it get dislodged again you will get the infection in that tooth.
if you need any further treatment in the same tooth, we can remove that permanent filling also.
so i suggest take safe and sound treatment by getting the permanent filling only.

Thanks.

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hello
Welcome to health care magic
pregnancy is no contraindication for permanent filling after root canal treatment .,but take all medicine after consultation with your gynec.
Wish you speedy recovery
Disclaimer
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. B. M. Rana's  Response
Hello Fiona,
You can go for permanent filling untill unless you dont have any problem while siting on dental chair,if you dont have any pain in treated tooh you can also go for the filling after your pregnency is over here you have to take care while eating hard food to prevent your tooth to get fractured.
Thanks and good wishes

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
hello,
there is absolutely no problem to go for a permanent filling during pregnancy as far as you are positioned comfortably in the dental chair. just be careful with the drugs you take.
take care.
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello mam ,
there is no problem to go for a permanent filling during pregnancy. if you can be seated comfortably in the dental chair then dont worry ,permanent filling will not affect you or your child in anyway. but be careful with the drugs you are given. take care.