Is it a matter of concern of not having periods since 6 months and having heavy bleeding during this period ?

I had a baby in september and have had one period and that was in january. I started my period after all this time 3 days ago. Its extremly heavy. Very bright red blood and some clots. I was going threw a super tampon in a little over an hour on the second day. Now I m coming on to the 4th days and the bleeding has slowed down a little but still extremly bright red. Is this period like this because I haven t had one since january. I m only 19. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011