Is it OK to have Glucon D every morning ?

Hi... I am 29 and my husband 30. We take 1 glass of Glucon D every morning. My husband is fatty, so is it fine if we continue this?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Sep 2011
Thanks for query,
Glucon D contains only glucose and vit D.
If you do not require more sugar do not take,extra glucose will converted into fat.
Your husband should avoid taking glucon d.
Ok and bye.

2 users find this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
There is as such no harm in taking Glucon D.Glucose does give you some extra energy but also adds to your count of calories.So since your husband is fatty it is better for him to avoid it and instead do exercise to burn those extra calories.If you are taking it for tiredness following sweating then the better option will be Enerzal a flavored drink of electrolytes.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Glucose d is glucose energy drink,this is normally advocated in case of viral infection or other illness when a person is weak.There is no logic of taking this daily in the absence of any problem.You are just taking unnecessary extra sugar.He is taking extra calories which is not supposed to take.Ask him do regular exercise and go good diet planning.
wishing you good health.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, glucon D contains glucose which is carbohydrate, it provid instant energy to our body. you should take it if you feel tired, lazy, hungery. you should take heavy breakfast in morning instead of it.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
As long as both of you are not diabetic, there is no harm in having Glucon D. As for the over weight of your husband, he should restrict Fat and Protein intake in his food, avoid all deep fried food items, as far as possible, eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Wish you both all the best.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum
why are you giving it ?
it is useful in dehydration .
if your hubby is healthy and do take diet normally than no need to take it
it contain glucose ,so if there is high level than chance of diabetes is high in obese pt .
you can give him occasionally
i hope i answered your question