Is it OK to continue taking LIPSTAT (Pravastatin Sodium Tablet 20mg) daily?

Is it ok to continue taking LIPSTAT (Pravastatin Sodium Tablet 20mg) daily. Recently I read that many cholesterol lowering statins carry serious health risks ? destruction of muscle, liver damage, increased risk of cancer , suppression of the immune system etc etc. I have been taking this tablet since last 2 years after dinner. Also can you suggest the right time to take this tablet?.morning or night time, before or after food. Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011