Is it OK to breathe through only one side of nose for a 5 1/2 months old baby?

My 5 1/2 month old breathes through one side of her nose exclusively. She can pass air through the other side but has great difficulty doing so. This is true regardless of whether she has a cold or not, and has been so since birth. What could cause this and should I be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Iam an adult with a similar problem since childhood. It might be due to Septum Deviation in the nose. It makes it difficult to breathe through both the nostrils. One nostril could be blocked due to the deviated bone. She may be more comfortable to breathe though her mouth.