Is is safe to give sprouts of ragi, malted and mixed with milk to infants?

Hi I read some antinutritional effects of sprouting of some grains and millets, especially ragi. My family has adding a few spoons of malted ragi powder to milk to feed small babies age 3-6 month. I am a food science professor and I am a bit skeptical. Is it good? I suggested boiling the feed prior to giving to reduce any antinutrional elements. Please comment.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
yes boiling may reduce anti nutritional . few grams of malted ragi to milk increases the concentration of energy(proteins calcium etc ) in small quantity feeds . in small amounts like two spoons is ok.