Is he weird or what should she do or say to her dad ?

Is it stupid that my friend isn't allowed to wear a tampon, so 2day i went to my friends house and she has a pool so we were gunna go swimming .her father is really weird! She went to ask him if we could go swimming and he said no because she had her period ! then she said well i have a tampon on. and he argued with her and said she was not allowed to wear tampon! then not to get off the discussion. but yesterday she asked him if she could sleep over at my house and he said no because she had her period! Is he weird or what should she do or say to her dad ? about sleeping over at my house or going swimming ?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Please ask your friend about her culture and religion. Many different religions have traditions and beliefs around menstruation and what might be odd to us is accepted tradition in their faith. I grew up near an Orthodox Jewish community and there is a set of rules and laws surrounding family purity. Learn from your friend. Dad may still be a nut case.