Is having chronic HBP in pregnancy harmful ?

Hello I have been sick and have chronic HBP and pregnant . Is 127/87 bad?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Hello Michelle, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Normally we look for Diastolic Blood Pressure which is the second lower number in the Blood Pressure reading. In your case it is 87mm Hg. In non pregnant women the normal Blood pressure will be around 120/80mm Hg. During Pregnancy the circulating Blood volume increases which increases the Blood Pressure. Speak to your Doctor, If the resting BP reading is above 140/90 mm Hg on at least two occasions within a week, and you usually have normal BP, then your Doctor will make a Diagnosis of

Wish you Good Health and Take Care.