Is hair transplantation good for hair loss ?

how to reduce hair loss .i m 21.can i go for hair transplantation .its helpful or any side effect,that much serious.blad in middle of head .
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
You can try drugs such as Minoxidil and/or Finpecia they will slow down your hair loss although they are not effective in total control of hair loss.
Hair transplantation is only permanent and effective and safe treatment for hair loss. There is two school of thought regarding age of transplantation one say initial trial with drugs and let the hair loss to control (which, in fact, is not possible till you loos most of your hair or in late 30 or 40 year age) second thought is early hair transplantation (if you have poor hair in your 20-30 year age than what is use of hair transplantation in late 30 or 40 year age) I am supporter of early hair transplantation. See the details regarding hair transplantation on

General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Center baldness at the age of 21 requires immediate action.

Try to avoid stress,Keep your hair nourish with proper hair oil.Do regular hair oil massage.take Vit-B,Vit-C,Vit-E,Vit-A,protein and beta carotin riched diet. this will be helpful to reduce your hair loss.

You can go for hair transplant ,there is no any side effect of transplant.It will increase your self confidence too.Thank you,Best wishes.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

At 21 ,you are too young for hair transplantation .What you have is androgenetic alopecia which is progressive thing and follow familial pattern too.
Hair transplantation is a good and safe procedure and its the only permanent solution for baldness.But since you are loosing hair at this moment ,then you should try take some medicines to stop hair fall.Consult a dermatologist who can prescribe you good medicines for hair loss.Minoxidil and fenestride works good in such cases.

You can also visit my website for details on hair transplantation