Is glycomet 850 mg for irregular periods or for thyroid ?

my gye has suggested me glycomet850mg dose ihave irregular periods thyriod but what is this medicine for
Asked On : Thu, 1 Mar 2012

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
Glycomet contains metformin which is the active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of pcod. PCOD is one of the main cause for irregular period.

Metformin, a medication that increases the body's sensitivity to insulin, can improve the symptoms of PCOS and sometimes will cause the menstrual cycles to normalize. For some women, it can also help with weight loss.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.