Is gabapin 100 a safe drug ?

Is gabapin 100 a safe drug
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Its is advisable to continue or discontinue any medication only under medical supervision. No drug is absolutely safe or unsafe as it depends on the nature of illness and the biological constitution of the patient.

General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
yes,it is safe drug if it is taken under medical supervision for proper indication.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi, Sunny,
Thanks for query,
Gabapin has few side effects so it is advisable to use strictly under doctor 's supervision.
it may give rise to anxiety,depression,swelling surrounding neck, behavioral changes.
ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello sunny;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The medicine Gabapin-Me is a combination of gabapentine a drug used to relieve nerve pain and methylcobalamine that is vitamin B12.It is used to relieve neuropathic pain in conditions like neuralgia; seizures;prolapse intervetebral disc where there is nerve compression etc and is well tolerated but in very small percentage there are few side effects seen like nausea;vomiting;dizziness;fatigue;headache;tremors etc.But these type of mild side effects are seen with almost all medicines so when indicated and the doctor prescribes you can take it is quite safe.