Is frequent urination a side-effect of excessive usage of black seed oil ?

Dear Sir, I am a 25 year old male. I have a problem and hope you can help me with it. I have been taking black seed for some weeks. I have been taking about 30 seeds in the morning with water and same in the evening. I have notice that i have to urinate more frequently. Sometimes i have to rush to the toilet just after having just urinated. Is it a side effect of taking too many black seeds?. Also what is the correct dosage of black seed to be taken on a daily basis?. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 12 Oct 2011

Black seeds are a herbal medicine for hypertension which mainly acts by a diuretic effect. They do show drug interactions and side effects also like electrolyte imbalances. It is not appropriate to take any such medicines without proper medical supervision.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Black seed is a herbal product used for so many indications since years.
It has tendency to produce lowering the blood pressure might producing your problem.
It has got other side effects of allergic menifestations too.
I think you are taking very large dose causing your urinary problem.
Take one teaspoonful black seed powder mix with one tsf of honey daily.
It is a herbal product so requires more evaluation of its efficacy and safety.
Ok and bye.