Is eye irritation there side effect of laxopeg powder ?

Laxo peg powder has been prescribed for my mother aged 76 years (17gm). She takes it in the night at the time of going to bed. After a few days of taking this, she has eye irritation and stickiness of eyelids in the morning and gradually reduces by evening. Is this a side effect of laxo peg? If so what can be done?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011
Hi,thanks for query.This is not a known side of effect of this,it is better you visit your doctor and get herself examined for her blood pressure and blood sugar.This a well tolerated and widely used drug and safety profile is also good,still symptoms should not be ignored.This could happen due to water retention in body.
wishing her good health.