Is exercise causing disturbance in my periods cycle ?

Hello.. I started doing exercise for thighs and abdomen from past 20 days ... I workout for around 20 minutes.. Ever since I started exercising I got period with in 10 days from previous month s period date and I got it for only 2 days... I don t exercise during periods and I exercise normally 3-4 days a week... And now within 15 days I got periods again and it is for 2 days again.. I don t understand why is this happening??? Is it because I m exercising my period cycle is disturbed... Is it normal or do I ve to do something.. age 21 years, Height 5 8, weight 60 kgs.. Please advise..
Asked On : Fri, 7 Oct 2011
Hello.Welcome.You are doing exercises for past 20 days and that too for only 20 minutes.In no way it can be termed as heavy exercises.Your periods are definitely abnormal and you must consult a gynecologist for the diagnosis and treatment.Good luck.
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to health care magic
yes it usually happen coz of heavy work outs ,,but it is considered normal..please try ti follow gud diet plan ,include one cup of papaya in your diet lot of almonds and walnuts,dont forget to take milk during night.,for proper hormonal balance,,your weight is high so take care of diet,,,,
please mail me for free diet plan.
take care
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello neethu
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
Periods within 21 days of previous cycle is termed abnormally no it is not normal to have periods within 15 days.
Yes vigorous exercise does cause hormonal disturbances but it should regularise once your body adapts to the new you may wait for another couple of cycles probably but if it persists then you should consult your gynaecologist.
Thank you