Is cycling beneficial to reduce fat ?

hello sir, iam uma 22yrs old, iam between 5.5 to 5.6 inches and weighs 63 to 65 sir i want to reduce my weight i dont get time for exercises and i eat chapathies with out oil during nights, fat is accumulated in abdomen ,thighs and buttocks region, is cycling beneficial to reduce fat from these regions?please suggest me a answer to reduce my weight
Asked On : Wed, 19 Jan 2011

Welcome to healthcaremagic forum,

Cycling will involve the thigh and gluteus muscles and can help in shaping your thighs , the abdominal muscles though involved but are less to burn out the fat depot in the abdomen .For that you have execute abdominal exercises.
Cut out Carbohydrates along with the fats in you diet it will help.
Down here are some tips to loose weight:
Tip 1: Fruits and vegetables are packed with beneficial fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast so you feel full earlier. They are also low in calories and helps to keep your calorie count low.
Tip 2: Eating small frequent meals help to balance your calorie intake throughout the day and also keeps your blood sugar level balanced. Instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.
Tip 3: Juices, soda, cream & sugar in your coffee or tea all add up. Opt for drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. In addition to providing hydration to your body, it will also help you feel full.
Tip 4: Most authorities recommend 30 - 60 minutes of physical activity a day to stay healthy. Also try adding weight-bearing exercises at least 2 times a week. This will help burn some of the unwanted calories.
Tip 5: If your regular diet involves chapathies its better to have one made with Soyabean flour

Thanks for visiting

Take care , Bye