Is coccyx and inflamed pelvic area issues be linked to urge to urinate? Have UTI after having sex

Hi Dr, I have UTI symptoms (mainly needing to pee and that irritating non-stop throbbing, that s not pain but more irritating) that keep coming back for over a year now and a very painful coccyx that never seems to go away as well. After sex the UTI symptoms come back with a vengeance and then play out for weeks on end, sometimes months. Antibiotics don t seem to be getting the job done and the urine test has come back normal. Could the coccyx (and sometimes inflammed pelvic area) issues be linked to the needing to pee? If not I don t understand how I can keep catching UTIs after sex every time, even while using a condom. Currently I am on trimethoprim . Thanks, Richard.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012