Is cirhosis curable ?

Is cirhosis of the liver curable
Asked On : Tue, 31 Aug 2010
hi welcome to health care magic.yes it is curable.but you should stop drink if you taking it.start liv 52 which improve your liver function and concern surgeon for that.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Atul Arora's  Response
no its not but u can control it n its complications.....u should know the cause of it whether the cause is alcohol or well many non infective causes r described.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Cirrhosis implies irreversible liver damage.Histologically there is loss of normal hepatic architecture with fibrosis and modular regeneration.Overall 5 year survival is 50%.Liver transplantation is the only definitive treatment for cirrhosis.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
You might have confused ! one vaidraj says it is curable and simply taking liv 52 !
Another doctor says it is not curable,I think he is right.
Ask Dr. dhara how she can cure !
Ok and bye.