Is chemotherapy useful in curing CKD ?

MY brother in law is suffering from CKD. doctors have adviced for chemotheraphy? is that right. pleaseeeee advice.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
The treatment depends on the cause of CKD. However choice of treatment is based on severity and extent of the disease.
please provide for more details about the tests he got done and reports. is he diabetic or hypertension or has any cancer anywhere in the body?
You can provide these details as comment to this reply or feel free to mail me.
Thanks for your answers doctor.
just one last question.....are the side effects really scary of chemotherapy and what do you think how long it takes to get over these side effects?

thanks again.
Nephrologist Dr. Avinash Ignatius's  Response
Chronic Kidney disease is not treated by chemotherapy. There are a number of medications used for chemotherapy. However only very few medicines similar to those used in cancer are used in very specific situations in kidney disease. If he is being given that then he does not have CKD but some form of acute renal failure. . . difficult to further comment without detailed reports.
General Surgeon Dr. Faraz Ahmed's  Response
thanks for query
The most common causes of CKD are diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and glomerulonephritis.[3] Together, these cause approximately 75% of all adult cases. Certain geographic areas have a high incidence of HIV nephropathy.