Is brown discharge with no periods a sign of pregnancy ?

I was due my period Monday which would be a 27 day cycle. I am like clockwork every month however this month on day27 I just got slight brown discharge (my period is usually very heavy). Now I am on day 31 still no period and still have brown discharge. I have done 2 first response tests which came upvery faint and a clearblue digital test which came up not pregnant .
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
wait a few days more and repeat the test.If positive you need a ultrasound asap.
If its negative then not to worry,wait and see if your next cycle is the same.If so,some tests are in order.
Why would an ultrasound be required just as a matter of interest? I have no cramps or pain ...