Is betel eating harmful for the skin ?

hi sir..i jst wanted to ask dat does eating supari harms our skin in any way?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. Betel leaves and betel nuts (areca nut) are two different species. Betel leaves are known for its digestive and anti inflamatory properties. Betel nuts are considered as psychoactive and stimulant and also carcinogenic. If taken excessively it can lower blood pressure and worsen asthma.

There are no evidence that it can cause skin problems. Better be safe. Considering the side effects of supari (betel nut) you should avoid using it.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.