Is anemia the reason for the sudden increase in my heart rate randomly ?

Hello, Sometimes out of nowhere I get hot & my heart starts beating so rapidly that I can literally see it beating in my chest . Im 24 years old 5 10 & about 110 lbs. I m anemic ( iron deficiency ) and was just wondering what this could be about. It has been happening pretty regularly & if I sit still and take deep breaths after a couple of minutes I m better. But it sometimes happens at random or if I take a warm shower/bath.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011