Is an ectasia aorta serious? Have diagnosed with ocular histoplasmosis

Can you please tell me if an ectasia (sp?) aorta is serious as I hurt in that area EVERY night so severely that I awaken (I had several chest x-rays that showed this and also granulomas in my lung and 4 years ago my only child who was 30 passed away of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in his sleep). Or, since I have been diagnosed w/ocular histoplasmosis back in 1966 and now have lost the majority of my eyesight could it be the calcified granulomas that they say I have in the lower apex of my left lung, possibly as a result of the histo but it did not start in my lungs, it started in my left eye? I have a myriad of health problems as a result of being put on cortisone and prednisone for over a year when I was a child as well as sulphur drugs and had to be hospitalized alot due to my eye surgeries at Emory University Hospital in atlanta. I am just concerned about my shortness of breath and inability to be physicaly active w/out losing my breath easily and I m only 55 years old. Thank you for your help as I just want to know if I should be concerned like regarding my heart or something more serious.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012